Lottery Headquarters Awards Over $12.5 Million in Prizes in Just 3 Weeks!
Since the beginning of September, a record-breaking wave of winner activity has been seen at CT Lottery headquarters in Rocky Hill. In just three weeks’ time, more than $12.5 million in prizes have been awarded to lottery winners across the state, giving players many exciting reasons to celebrate. Some of the most notable Lottery wins for September include:
• Connecticut’s fifth “Lucky for Life
” $25,000 a year for life second prize was claimed by Antoinette Kudelchuk of Jewett City on Sept. 4th. Antoinette chose to claim her “lifetime” prize in a one-time cash lump-sum of $390,000 (before taxes).
• Over a half million dollars was claimed on September 8th on two separate top prize winning “5 Card Cash” draw tickets. Jean Viera of Milford claimed the $255,555 top prize winning 5 Card Cash ticket for the Aug. 30th drawing followed by Daniel O’Connor of Stamford who claimed the $255,555 top prize for Sept. 5th.
• William Bailey of Suffield played his father’s “birthday numbers” in CT’s “Lotto
” draw game and claimed his $1.5 million jackpot prize on Sept. 9th. The Bailey family’s good fortune marked the third Lotto jackpot win of the year.
• A total of $3.4 million was paid out by the CT Lottery on the “Play4 Day”
winning number 5-5-5-5 drawn on Sept. 10th. Not only was it the first time that 5-5-5-5 had been drawn in the Play4 Day game, it was also the third highest prize payout since the game began in 1998.
• In the midst of all the happy Play4 Day winners claiming their prizes from the Sept. 10th drawing, Robert Malinowsky, Jr. of Uncasville showed up at lottery headquarters to cash a “Cash5
” top prize winning ticket for $100,000. Luz Luciano of East Haven followed suit and claimed a top prize winning “$3,000,000 Royale” instant game ticket worth $3 million. While Luz waited for her winning ticket to be processed, the Lottery’s “Play3 Day
” number 4-4-4 was drawn, resulting in a total prize payout of $1.5 million!
• In addition to Luz Luciano’s big win, it was also a busy period of time for many other scratch game winners, too: Mary Sandor of Seymour won $100,000 playing the “Jumbo Bucks” instant game; Dorcell Clarke of Milford won $100,000 playing “Pinball Wizard XIX,” and Sandra Moore of West Haven won $500,000 playing “$500,000 Diamonds.”
• Capping off the official end of summer, the “Play3 Day
” number 9-2-2 was drawn on none other than September 22! Statewide, after all winning claims are presented, $504,731 in prize money will be paid out by the CT Lottery to the winning ticket holders with the number combination 9-2-2.
Will Connecticut’s winning streak continue? CT Lottery players certainly hope so. Stay tuned! To learn more about CT’s lottery winners and where their winning tickets were purchased, visit the “WINNERS” page here